Also read Phil. 2:1-11; 1 Corinthians 12:12-26
- What do you think is the overarching theme of this whole passage and what part does that play in the preceding context.
- In reading this passage which of the many commands do you personally find easiest to do and which do you find most difficult?
- The entire page has a mostly horizontal focus (person to person). Verses 11-12, however, interject a command regarding our vertical relationship with God. What is the importance of this? Why did Paul interject it here?
- Which is easier to rejoice with those who rejoice or weep with those who weep? Why do you think that is and what change of heart can help us overcome the difficult?
- The final section teaches us that retaliating evil for evil can be called being overcome by evil. What tools are we given here to help us respond with good and not evil? Do you find them helpful?